Hi, I am Adam
I am a Performance Marketing Manager with 10 years of experience in digital marketing, Search Engine Optimization/Search Engine Marketing (SEO/SEM), lead generation, attribution modeling, B2B pipeline marketing, account based marketing (ABM), and marketing automation.
I lead and coached teams in 3 different countries from small agencies, to startups, to multinational corporations. I also worked in many industries like E-commerce, Travel, Fin-tech, SaaS, and Sales.
I am also a MSc. Marketing candidate at the University of Salford, a marketing blogger, social media influencer, university guest speaker, and Aikido instructor.
I dream of creating a Unified Theory of Marketing that can actually put the marketing knowledge together into one equation that either grows ideas and brands that deserve to grow and kill any others that would just waste the marketer’s time.
Airbnb | Global travel community that offers end-to-end trips, including where you stay, what you do and the people you meet.
Title: Performance Marketing Manager | 2018-Present
- Planning and executing a full funnel marketing strategy in luxury travel.
- Leading a multi channel team in their day to day activities.
- Delivering full funnel strategies that deliver on corporate revenue and home acquisition targets.
- Owning the goals of achieving guest revenue as well as sales and home acquisition leads.
- Reporting on critical KPIs to upper management.
- Partnering with external agencies to deliver impactful print media campaigns.
- Collaborating with stakeholders from sales and product to improve conversion rates.
- Aligning best practices across multiple performance marketing teams to ensure quality deliverables.
- Building different CRM, lead scoring, and lead grading strategies.
Paysafe | Global payment processing company active in payment gateways, e-commerce, card solutions, and digital wallets
Title: Digital Marketing Manager | 2015-2018
- Achieved my annual aggressive targets for the 3 years I worked at Paysafe.
- Led the delivery and optimization of all digital customer communications, nurturing the customer through a unique and personalized journey at every interaction across paid, owned and earned digital marketing channels.
- Worked closely with the sales team to guide them through the customer decision journey and conversion funnels, providing them with all the necessary multitouch attribution solutions, and assisting them with lead nurturing campaigns to help them meet their sales targets.
- Managed the digital marketing budgets, ensuring budget pacing and exceptional execution to optimize KPI’s across the channels to maximize ROI of each marketing dollar spent, leveraging owned media, targeting and other tactics to drive efficiencies.
- Coached the digital marketing and Sales teams on daily pipeline marketing operations.
- Managed all online lead generation channels across all the regions the business serves (US, Canada, and Europe).
- Built a fully-fledged CRM strategy including lead capturing, scoring, funneling to relevant sales queues, creating workflow and automation rules, and email communication.
- Integrated Salesforce with Google Analytics360 to create more insightful and actionable lead segmentations.
- Monitored industry trends and the competitive landscape, providing thought leadership and direction to ensure digital marketing programs are best-in-class and industry leading.
- Identified new business channels, strategic alliance opportunities, and new verticals and industries.
- Delivered best-in-class digital content strategies that support always-on journeys, reaching, engaging and ultimately converting customers through all POE digital marketing channels.
- Collaborated with the Design and Content teams to build content assets on authoritative websites like Forbes, TechCrunch, and Engadget to position ourselves as a thought leader and leverage the existing brand voice and marketing strategies.
MindGeek | Global IT company active in content delivery, streaming media, and online advertising
Title: Senior SEO Specialist | 2014-2015
- Increased client’s website traffic by an average of 3% by fixing the site’s meta tags structure; also helped increase traffic (to millions a day) and achieve better rankings on Google SERPs for hundreds of thousands of pages by finding and reporting content infringers to the DMCA
- Created and implemented a localization strategy in 100 pages covering every online and offline aspect, which is currently being used to target local markets in several European and South American countries
Kezber | Web design and internet marketing company
Title: Senior Web Strategist | 2013-2014
- Led and managed the Internet Marketing team (senior internet marketing specialist, SEO associate, graphic designer, copywriter, web developer), developed guidelines, procedures, proposal templates and ran weekly scrum meetings
- Listed a renowned Quebec-based hotel on the Google Hotel Finder booking engine; this helped them save costs by gaining clients organically rather than through online travel sites like Expedia and TripAdvisor, increasing their ROI by at least 300%
- Helped a client recover from a Google Algorithm update penalty (Penguin) by cleaning and disavowing their backlinks, anchor text, and plagiarized content
- Created a tailored marketing strategy for a Canadian B2B business to penetrate the Australian market
- Built an online presence for a clinic, increasing their overall visitors by 30%
- Assisted a real estate developer in Laval sell all their units with remarketing and social retargeting display campaigns
- Found new business opportunities and created digital marketing proposals that gained more contracts for Kezber
Income Access | Leading provider of marketing and technology services in the iGaming space
Title: SEM Specialist | 2012-2013
- Created SEO Audits for 5-star hotels in Las Vegas (an average of 500 pages each)
- Succeeded in selling PPC advertising campaigns with the top gaming operator in Mexico
- As a Google Partner, assisted IA Digital in becoming a Google-certified Partner and getting the badge
Rocket Internet GMBT | Internet platform provider
Title: Senior PPC Analyst | 2012
- Team lead of the PPC team
- Generated daily PPC traffic to huge online stores (Jumia.com, Namshi.com, mizado.com) with a multimillion dollar budget
Good News Digital Services | Leading digital content developer and aggregator
Title: Online Marketing Specialist | 2009-2012
- Helped GN4ME pass the required examinations to become a Google- and Bing-certified advertising partner
- Signed contracts with many Arabic celebrities to create and manage their online brands on YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter
- Introduced the idea of content monetization by implementing an ad server on the company’s portals
- Managed the YouTube channel of the Egyptian Premier Football League and the YouTube channel of a film production company with tens of movie trailers and millions in daily traffic
- Certified Expert in CRM and Marketing Automation platforms: Salesforce, Pardot, Marketo, and Act-on.
- Expert in SEO and PPC tools.
- Expert in site tracking and Web Analytics tools (Analytics 360, BigQuery, Tableau, Google Tag Manager)
- Advanced in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and JIRA project management software.
Pay Per Click Advertising (Search and Display PPC):
- Manage Google Ads, Bing Ad Center, and social media advertising platforms (Quora, LinkedIn, Reddit, Twitter)
- Negotiate best rates for media buying activities
SEO and WSO (Websites optimization):
- Set SEO Strategies (onsite and offsite) and manage, find, and create SEO Tools
- Create in-depth high-quality SEO site audits with thorough insights, intelligence, and actionable recommendations
- Follow and comply with Google Algorithm updates (Penguin, Panda, Hummingbird, and Starbucks)
Web Design and Development:
Product Management, Leadership and Outsourcing Skills:
- Manage various teams of marketers, developers, designers and copywriters.
- Manage online properties in terms of budgeting, billing, human resources and outsourcing
- Train and lead team members on daily SEO and PPC tasks
- Create training materials for online marketing tools and platforms
- Train clients’ Community Managers to manage their daily online customer support tasks
- Grad Cert. in Business Administration, John Molson School of Business, Concordia University | 2018
- Bachelor of Arts, English Language and Literature (graduated top 10% of class) | Ain Shams University | 2007
- Salesforce Certified Administrator
- Webmaster Diploma (graduated with distinction) | Cairo University | 2010
- Post-graduate studies in Marketing | Edinburgh Business School | Distance Learning
- Post-graduate studies in Linguistics | Ain Shams University | Cairo
- Two Professional Diplomas in Translation, English to Arabic and Arabic to English (GPA was A)
- Editing Skills Certificate | American University in Cairo | Cairo
- Published three online books and an online magazine on Digital Marketing; write poems, plays, essays, short stories, and blogs
- Won the National Championship and the golden medal in Aikido for two successive years; obtained three official black belts and Yudansha from The International Aikido Federation from Japan; and taught Aikido at the Police Federation Club.
- Event Coordinator at the Pan Arab Olympic Games (Egypt 2007)
- Taught English to primary students at different charity organizations
- Assisted mentally challenged and/or physically disabled children and senior citizens with everyday tasks
- My SEO Blog: http://www.HaveResults.com
- Personal Blog: http://adam.grgs.xyz
- Social Blog: MontrealReception.com
- Blockchain News Feed: http://www.TheBlockchainFeed.com/
- Salesforce admin Certificate: http://certification.salesforce.com/verification?&fullname=Mina%20Guerguis